- The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a 9 digit number that you need to work in Canada or to have access to government programs and benefits.
- A SIN is issued to one person only and it cannot legally be used by anyone else. You are responsible for protecting your SIN. Store any document containing your SIN and personal information in a safe place—do not keep your SIN with you.
- Service Canada is now issuing SINs in paper format (confirmation of SIN letter). Production of the plastic SIN card has stopped, however, SIN cards that are not expired and are currently in circulation can still be used.
If you are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a temporary resident, you need a Social Insurance Number (SIN) to work in Canada or to receive benefits and services from government programs.
Children who are 12 years of age or older may apply for their own SIN.
Parents and individuals who are legally authorized to act on behalf of the applicant (for example, a legal guardian or legal representative) can also apply for a SIN for children under the age of majority in their province, and adults in their care.
Are you interested in getting Cash Back at Rakuten.ca! It’s an awesome site that gives you Cash Back when you shop online. With over 750 stores, including various Giftcards from Canadian companies, Amazon.ca, BestBuy.ca, Indigo.ca, Canadian Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart, and Sephora, you get paid to shop for things you’re already buying!
Try Now! Sign Up Now through our exclusive referral link and you will receive $30 instant cash back in your Rakuten.ca account!
Sign up for a Rakuten account and start earning cash back! Special 10% cash back from major brands!
- Sign Up with our special referral link.
- Make sure to access the merchant’s website using the website link from Rakuten.ca. If you access the mercant’s website directly, you will not receive your cash back.
- Make a $30 purchase before tax and you will receive your $30 cash back.
- Receive your $30 cash back in your Rakuten.ca account!